The uniform of Father John B. DeValles who founded the first Portuguese parochial school at Espirito Santo Church in Fall River. In 1918 he was appointed a chaplain in the regular army with the rank of first lieutenant and administered to the needs of both Allied and German soldiers. His exploits became legendary with many published accounts of his deeds. He died in 1920 of complications caused by injuries sustained in a mustard gas attack two years prior.
Original URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22280677@N07/3344423978/
Resource Type : image36 visits / 0 Like(s) (Like this resource)
Licence CC-BY-ND 2.0